I’ve been reading Start With Why by Simon Sinek.
My biggest takeaway & the most important thing I want you to understand:
Understanding WHY you do what you do is the answer to understanding what you do and how you do it.
If you don’t know WHY, decisions become harder to make, consistency staggers and you are obsessed with what the people around you are doing.
When you understand your WHY:
- decisions will be based on your WHY
- your brand message will be consistent
- you’ll understand your bigger purpose and do anything to reach it
- you’ll understand that it’s about your customers… not you
- you’re no longer concerned about the competition
- you don’t believe in competition, you believe in community
It’s liberating, actually.
My Why: To empower, inspire and lead young creative women to start & build the business of their dreams, challenge the status quo and live a more free lifestyle.
After you understand your WHY, you’ll be able to clearly state HOW you’re going to do it and WHAT you do.
If you haven’t already, I highly recommend digging more into this topic:
What is your WHY?
Tell me in the comments below!