If there’s anything I’ve learned over the past five years of running my business, it’s how to be really good at repelling new clients and customers. And I say that sort of sarcastically, but I’ve definitely had my fair share of mistakes for each one of these points.
By conquering my own mishaps and by watching other newbie entrepreneurs make these mistakes, I’ve figured out that there are (at least) 5 things that will always work against you when you’re trying to grow your business and attract new clients and customers.
If you want to avoid these mistakes and skip straight ahead to the fun part — empire building — join me in a new free masterclass I’m hosting next week (details at bottom of this post).
1. Being too general with your offerings
There’s a good reason why many people say you have to “niche” down in your business if you want to go grow. It’s all true. When I niched down to focusing on sales page design, my business skyrocketed, because I become known as a “sales page designer.”
2. Build it and they will come
Too many entrepreneurs spend so much time creating something, only to fall flat on promoting it. This can be said about a lot of things, too — blog posts, new programs, products and services, new websites, and the list goes on.
3. Not following up soon enough
Check out these stats from OpenView Partners:
4. Not offering a “next step”
Many business owners believe that once they’ve completed a project for a client that their job is done and the client no longer needs their services. But, by thinking this way, you’re potentially leaving thousands of dollars on the table.
5. Trying to be everywhere for everyone
Instead of focusing on where your customers are and which social media platforms make the most sense for you, many new entrepreneurs are wasting their time trying to be everywhere on the web, just in case they have some potential customers there.
And that’s just 5 ways you could be repelling new clients, customers, and money in your business.
If you want to learn how NOT to do the things I mentioned above and what you should do instead and how to do it, join me in a brand new masterclass I’m co-hosting with my friend, Courtney Johnston (RuleBreakersClub.com) where we’re sharing our top 5 strategies for selling more of your products and services.
And guess what?! We’ve invited Natalie MacNeil, Emmy Award Winning Entrepreneur and Founder of The Conquer Club to join us!
It’s all happening next Wednesday, November 9th at 2:30 PM ET / 11:30 AM PT.
Between the three of us, we have so much to share with you on the topic of finding more clients and customers.
Here’s a little taste at what you’ll learn at the masterclass:
- Stop doing client work on a project basis with proposals and start offering a one-of-a-kind offer that people crave.
- Stop “wishing and hoping” that clients will show up in your inbox and implement one of the “4 limits” that will have droves of people coming to you.
- Find out about the secret (and frankly obvious) opportunity for WOWing your clients + customers that is like, super easy… but no one is doing it.
- Get more past clients coming back for more. It’s 50x less expensive to keep clients than to find new ones (or so I hear!). We’ll show you how to do this even if you have a “one and done” type of offer.
- Not sure where to look for new clients? We’re going to tell you where we’re finding ours.
Ready to sell more of your products & services?
See you there!