Have you ever wanted to created an online subscription site, but had no clue where to begin? Well, you’re in luck, because today I’m talking to Elle Drouin, founder of Styled Stock Society.
Elle is a product stylist, photographer, crazy dog mom, and host of the Revenue on Repeat Summit. When she’s not styling and shooting photos for the Styled Stock Society – a stylish stock photography membership for women entrepreneurs, she helps other women create, launch, and grow subscription businesses so that they can spend less time working, and more time living!
In her “free” time, she’s also the human behind the Instagram-famous pup @mochiandthecity (who is far more popular than she’ll ever be).
In this episode, we talk about how she created her stock photo membership and she walks us step-by-step how you, too, can create your own online subscription site. She also gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to run an online subscription site.
What You’ll Learn in Today’s Episode:
- 1:45 Amanda welcomes Elle and asks her to share her business and how it works.
- 4:36 Elle shares the evolution of her business over time and her experience of having a monthly membership vs. a library.
- 12:54 How Elle chose her pricing structure and how it has evolved.
- 15:45 Elle shares a behind the scenes glimpse of membership and her strategy for batching content each month.
- 20:00 Steps you can take to start your own membership site.
- 32:00 Creating content for your membership
- 35:44 The mindset behind member retention and engagement
- 41:13 What you should do first if you want to create your own membership site.
Links & Resources Mentioned:
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast Platform